This logbook is the very first official logbook used to collect signatures from visitors of the Musée Pierre-Boucher.

Barely emerging from the economic crisis that followed the crash of the New York Stock Exchange in October 1929, museum authorities chose to use a logbook with lined pages provided by the Université Laval, an institution with which the Séminaire Saint-Joseph had long been affiliated in the era of the classical course.

A few images extracted from the pages of this logbook allow us to see some of the signatures of the people present, among other dates, on July 17, 1934. That day, an exhibition of objects and family documents donated by Montarville Boucher de La Bruère was unveiled. Around a hundred people, dignitaries, family members, and friends, as well as the social, cultural, and political upper crust, took part in the ceremony surrounding the official naming of the seminary museum as the Musée Pierre-Boucher, as a tribute to the illustrious ancestor of Mr. de La Bruère. Everything unfolded in the context of the celebrations for the third centennial of the founding of the city of Trois-Rivières.

This logbook contains signatures of visitors up to 1965.

Musée Pierre-Boucher Collection
Administrative archives of the Museum