Padlock used at the Trois-Rivières prison. This prison was built according to the plans of architect François Baillairgé (1759-1830), who was awarded this contract in 1815 after building the Quebec City prison in 1807.

The Trois-Rivières prison opened in 1822, although prisoners had been incarcerated there since 1819.

This padlock was found on April 13, 1971.

Musée Pierre-Boucher Collection
1977 259 A